Skip to main content

10/10/10 @ 10:10:10pm

Tonight was amazing...

Inspired by what I had read regarding the 10/10/10 gateway and what it means for our awakening Earth (Archangel Metatron, 09/16/2010), I made my way out of the house tonight, heading for Balboa Park, where I intended to sit in the rose garden and meditate as 10:10:10pm passed.

As I was leaving the house, I realized that I wanted to grab my phone - only to find that while it was showing the "charging" symbol and had been plugged in for hours, it had 0% battery and was about to die... so - I left it plugged in, deciding that I didn't need it. I grabbed my journal, my flashlight, a light jacket and my bag (with a couple of bits of spiritual reading and my iPad in it) - and I set out.

As I drove across San Diego, I found myself smiling at the fog which was starting to rise over the city - lowering the visibility and giving everything a sense of mystery and silence. I was having trouble keeping my window defogged, and so I drove for a while with my windows partly down and tried various configurations with my AC blowing - trying to work out the visibility issue, despite the fact that I had low visibility from the fog regardless.

As I got close to Balboa Park, it struck me that I didn't have my GPS, and I wasn't recalling what road to turn on. I drove for a while, feeling that I would be shown what I needed to be shown - whether I reached my intended destination or not - and at a stop-light, I suddenly felt the urge to turn left - so I did.

I drove for a good 20 minutes through little subdivisions and up and down hills - seeing cars parked in front of houses for what looked like parties or family gatherings... I saw people smiling and laughing and enjoying one another... and I didn't find the Park. As I was realizing that despite following my sense of direction, I didn't know where I was - and I should probably get directions before it got any later - I suddenly noticed that I was driving on Boundary Rd. and it struck me - here I am, on 10/10/10 at 10:05:00 - and I am at a boundary... literally being shown that I am crossing over into something new.

I had been thinking about the lesson "Nobody can do it alone... maybe this is an opportunity to ask for help," when I saw a man up ahead, walking his dog. I pulled over next to him and leaned across the passenger seat to ask him directions. "Excuse me," I said, "I'm a little turned around at the moment. Do you happen to know which way I need to go to get near Balboa Park?" He got closer to the car and leaned down to talk to me.

"Oh that's easy - just follow this road until you get back to Boundary, and turn right. Then you want to go until you get to Upas St., and turn left. That will take you up and down some hills - and you'll see Morley Field on your left before you hit Park Ave., and then Balboa is on your left-hand side."

With a grin to myself - I thanked him and drove down "Boundary" until I got to "You-Pass", where I turned left. As I followed the road, I found myself driving into even heavier fog than before. The air was so thick and moist that my visibility was only about 20 feet, so I slowed down, and the thought came into my head, "Trust... sometimes, just as now, you can't see what's ahead of you - but you still know you're going the right way. What's ahead of you will be revealed as you get to it."

I reflected, as I drove, on those words - and how they impact my life at this moment. All of the things I am working toward, all of the projects I am building on, all of the relationships which are sometimes confusing or difficult... and it's true - I have found so often that when I simply relax, trust and continue forward - the beauty of my path reveals itself every time and with great ease.

Meditating on those words, I heard another message drift across my mind... this time a quote from one of my favorite movies "The Power of One." "The answer to every question can be found in nature if only you know where to look and how to ask." It was as if the words lifted out of the fog itself and spoke to me - pointing out the wisdom of paying attention to that very fog and seeing the messages in front of me.

As I passed the exit to Hwy 5 North and Hwy 5 South - I realized that I must have gone past Balboa yet again - and I looked at the clock. 10:11pm. The moment which I had intended to spend speaking to the flowers had passed - at the moment the fog was speaking to me. I smiled to myself, realizing that all too often getting to the destination we intend is not what is important - but taking the journey toward it is what gets us to the destination we actually need to find.

I jumped on 5 South, thinking I would find Hwy 94 - and drove for a little way. Quickly, I determined that I needed to turn around and head North - so I did so, and into my head rang the words "See? Even if you are going the wrong way at some point, it's easy to turn around at any time and head toward your goal again. It's never too late to turn around."

My mind was peaceful, but my thoughts were moving over all of the beautiful lessons I had learned - I was considering this blog post, in fact - when my eyes were drawn left and I saw the fog over the water. Something compelled me that I should get off and head toward the water - so I looked ahead at the exit signs - and saw Old Town Ave. and Junction Hwy 8 as the next two.

I had been intending to get on Hwy 8 - but as I was considering taking Old Town instead, I heard a clattering sound and a little scraping noise from my front left. It sounded like maybe I had hit a tin can or something. I didn't think much of it and did a quick muscle-test about the exits - which told me to get off on Old Town. I shifted lanes quickly and exited. As I pressed the brakes to slow down for an upcoming stop sign, I suddenly felt my car lurch a bit - and heard a loud scraping sound from my front left wheel - so instead of stopping at the sign, I pulled into the gas station on the corner.

Unsure what to do, I got out and looked at my wheel. There didn't appear to be anything wrong... so I got back in the car, started it up and pressed the gas gently. The car moved forward, but as I pulled up to the road to get back on, I touched the brakes - and suddenly the car lurched again and there was no mistaking the locking up of my front wheel. Several minutes later, I was sitting parked in the parking lot across the street - with no idea what was wrong - but knowing that my brakes were acting very strange. I went in to the gas station to try and call someone - only to remember that my phone was at home - meaning I didn't even have anyone's number.

I returned to my car with a smile. "I don't know what the message is - but I am clearly about to be shown something amazing," I said to myself - and sat down to try and figure out what to do. I decided to give it one more try - and see if I could determine what was wrong - so I got into my car, backed out (no problem) and started slowly toward the street again. The instant I touched the brake I felt the car lurch - the front left tire stopped hard, and heard a hissing sound. I pulled the car back into a parking spot and took a look - and my front-left tire was suddenly, inexplicably and completely flat. It hadn't been 30 seconds earlier...

I spent the next 45 minutes or so making my way to a nearby hotel where I got the iPad (which I wouldn't have brought if I hadn't had the gut feeling to just bring my entire bag) onto the wireless internet - and went to find my roommate Chris' phone number on Facebook. His number isn't listed... so I went onto Google Contacts (which I updated less than a week ago for the first time with ALL my important numbers - again, on a gut feeling). I called Chris, who came with Nathan and Ashley (Chris' brother and his brother's girlfriend) to pick me up - and Chris (who was a mechanic for quite a while) took a look at my car.

What had happened, it appears, is that one of the bolts holding the caliper onto my car fell off - leaving the brake arm completely free to move as it saw fit. Had this happened 30 seconds earlier than when I got off the road - on the express way - at 80 miles an hour - the brake arm could have locked my wheel suddenly, causing it to stop spinning and likely ripping the wheel entirely off of my car. This would have sent me completely out of control - and on Highway 5, at just after 10:10:10 on 10/10/10 - I would have died.

So... I share this to make a point about listening to your gut. If I hadn't listened to my intuition - I wouldn't have exited, and the caliper would likely have broken on Hwy 5 or 8 at high speed - resulting in my death. If I hadn't listened to my intuition - I wouldn't have brought my iPad - leaving me stranded with no way to contact anyone (though I would've figured it out). If I hadn't listened to my intuition - I wouldn't have updated my contacts in such a way that I could access them from the iPad - and still wouldn't have had any phone numbers to call. And finally...

If I hadn't listened to my intuition - I wouldn't have made the trip to Balboa Park on a night when I was listening actively for signs... and the caliper might have broken tomorrow, instead - on my way to class - at 80 miles an hour - when I was in a rush to get somewhere instead of being open and aware... and it could have cost me my life.

Here I am - on the other side of the Boundary, inviting everyone who reads this to embrace the moment where "Upas" (You Pass) through that boundary as well - and find yourself with a renewed lease on life due to your own intuition. You don't have to know where the destination is... the fog may hide the path - but keep going in the right direction and your journey will be revealed to you. And always remember - if you are lost, the answer to all of your questions can be found in nature - if only you know where to look and how to ask.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity

What an amazing awakening today has been for me. On the 10th, I left for a 10-day trip to the Mediterranean. We started in Spain, then sailed to Italy, then on to France, with day trips to the Vatican and Monaco. Five countries in all, not including our stop-overs in Germany and Canada. On the trip - I was inspired... I saw so many beautiful buildings, amazing pieces of sculpture, famous paintings, ancient cities and even the enshrined resting places of some of the world's most famous people. It filled me up with this amazing sense of appreciation for the richness of our world and the beauty that it contains. My desktop background, now, is a picture of the Coliseum in Rome - a picture I took with my own camera while standing within the building itself. In my collection of photographs, I have pictures of Michaelangelo's David - and Michaelangelo's grave, where his bones lie even today. I have pictures from Pompeii - where Mt. Vesuvius destroyed a city of 20,000 people in

Tribal Leadership

David Logan's description of Tribal stages at the TED conference really struck a chord with me. I won't rehash everything that he says - because the video above is really an amazing summary of his very well-elucidated points. I will, however, add some things about cultural development. Stage Signature Motto Depth Stage 1 Life Sucks 2% Because life in general sucks, people spend most of their time feeling a constant struggle to survive. This is the culture of street gangs and prisons - and is full of despairing hostility. Stage 2 My Life Sucks 25% At least there are some people for whom life isn't completely abysmal. Cultures with this attitude live in a constant state of self-deprecation and self-pity, and most social interaction revolves around co-commiserating. Stage 3 I'm Awesome, but You Suck 48% The stereotypical culture of the highly intelligent professional, full of his or her own worth and doubting that the rest of the wo